7 – 11 October 2013
International development and civil society organisations have been working to support the capacity development of their partners in a variety of ways. Some have chosen to develop specific partner capacity building programmes, whilst others are integrating this support into their on-going sector or thematic programmes. Whichever approach is taken, there is a need to ensure appropriate support provision by tailoring initiatives towards the specific characteristics and needs of the partners. This course will provide an opportunity for experienced practitioners to strengthen their expertise in the design and implementation of partner capacity building programmes.
Objectives of the course
At the end of the course, participants will:
• Be able to use a values-based framework for designing partner capacity building programmes
• Have reviewed a number of methods and tools for strengthening partner organisations
• Have built their knowledge of how to tailor the capacity building approach for diverse types of partners (e.g. networks; community based organisations; faith based organisations)
• Have developed their understanding on approaches to monitoring and evaluating partner capacity building programmes
• Have reviewed their own work in the light of ‘good practice’ principles regarding capacity building with partners
This course is for people who have two to three years’ experience of partner capacity building. It is primarily for those who have responsibility for programmes of capacity building or who may be engaged in specific capacity building initiatives. The focus is on strengthening civil society organisations, although the content may be adapted if participants have a specific interest in the capacity development of governmental bodies. For those working on longer term, primarily ‘internal’ organisational change processes we recommend our Organisational Development course.
1,295.00 - £GBP (residential, includes: 4 nights accommodation, all meals for the duration of the course, course fees and materials)
1,045.00 - £GBP (non-residential, includes: lunch and refreshments for the duration of the course, course fees and materials)
For more information about this course and our other courses please contact the INTRAC Training Team:
Phone: +44 (0)1865 203040/201851
INTRAC is accredited as a non-collegiate provider by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education.
Start date: Mon 07 October 2013
End date: Fri 11 October 2013
Location: Oxford , England, United Kingdom
Region: Western Europe
Event type: Other
Contact name: Training Team
Contact phone: +44 (0)1865 203040/201851
Contact fax: +44 (0)1865 201852
Contibuted by: INTRAC, on: 28 Jun 2012